Sam Glenn is an award winning -full time- motivational performance artist, who speaks and paints at over 100 conferences and meetings annually. To hire or book Sam to speak and paint at your next event, please visit Sam's speaking website: www.SamGlenn.com
My Story: Finding The Masterpiece in the Mess
Things were not always easy for me. In 1996, I was broke, depressed and working odd jobs to get by. I had no purpose, vision or ambition. I was toxic, negative and unhappy. Most nights, I would sleep on borrowed floor space or in my 82 Buick Regal.
It was over a cup of coffee that a friend gave me a wake up call or what I refer too as a “Kick in the Attitude.” He helped change my thinking in a better direction. Since I was always focused on the negative, my mind always gravitated to the negative. I realized that I was living my life with an attitude that wasn’t working for me. I had to change my attitude to change my life and that is what I did. We hear about this think called “attitude” our whole life, but I wanted to go into the deep end of the pool to learn as much as I could….and I did. I learned that that “everything” follows the attitude we put before us – both personally and professionally. I discovered you can be the smartest person in the world and the most talented, but if your attitude isn’t right, you defeat your best efforts. The partnership of a better attitude with developing skills creates a health and positive momentum that makes work and life more rewarding
Since 1998, I have spoken to nearly every industry you can imagine on the topic of attitude. I have written over 30 books on the topic of attitude to help others empower their attitude to work for them.
Since I am a visual person, I love to paint inspirational pictures while I speak. I don't paint fast because I just don't like that process. I love to let the artwork flow with my speech. Some call it the Bob Ross approach. I call it having fun while I work. I have never taken an art class and am self taught. Every day I am learning and working to improve my art so it inspires and fills a room with positivity.
I am an abstract artist who uses art as a visual example that when we change our perspectives, we can change how we see things, respond and live. The idea behind my art work is to create a perspective that when we choose an attitude that works for us, we can discover a meaning, message and masterpiece in our messes. Let's be real, life is messy. However, when we focus on the mess, we feed the mess. My art and inspiration is to empower others to transform what looks to be a mess into something meaningful.
My Artistic Philosophy:
I believe that you don’t have to be perfect to do art. You just need to allow yourself the grace to improve, grow and most importantly – HAVE FUN
Paintings I Am Most Known For:
- Lions: I paint loins every day!
- Trees: Grow Through What You Go Through
- Pathways: Peaks and Valleys
I do not limit myself to just a particular subject, but some subject matters really speak to me. For example, I love to paint lions because they are a metaphor for living life with courage. My style is always developing, so I might see a picture I really like and attempt to paint it with my style. It’s like when I sing an Elvis song, but in my own way.
Messy, Expressive and Adventurous .
I love to use pallet knifes.
How To Buy My Art:
- My store often seems bare due to the fact that once I paint something and post it on Facebook, art collectors email my Art Manager Amada@SamGlen.com to inquire. (So, if you ever see me post my art on social media and have interest, just email Amanda. She always give you a great deal!
- Practice Paintings. These are paintings I do to warm up or practice for LIVE EVENTS or Speaking Engagements. They are super discounted and sometimes less than the cost to take a picture and print my artwork. If you ever see Practice or Warm up in the descriptions or my posts, it’s a good deal and you should grab it fast. Practice paintings go quick! No joke, sometimes it’s literally minutes.
- Commissions: A commission is when you have a vision or there is something I paint often that you love, but you want a specific size or colors. Maybe, you want to give my artwork as a gift, redecorate the office, surprise someone or even paint your lovable dog. Just contact Amanda@SamGlenn.com to inquire.
- The Painting and Print of the month club. When you sign up for this, you will get a monthly email or text message letting you know “I have something new!” You have the option to order a print or simply just enjoy the view and message of the artwork. My goal isn’t to annoy you with emails and promotions, but rather to inspire and encourage you. But, also remember, I do promote my stuff in a low pressure kind of way because, this is a business, I do have a family that counts on me to provide – so, if I promote my stuff – don’t be turned off, but maybe cheer me on because we are all in this together. Let’s root for each other’s success.
In 2020, to inspire optimism during a challenging and uncertain time, I gave away over 350+ paintings on my Facebook fan page. (www.Facebook.com/SamGlennSpeaks)
We have also started The Courage Project, which focuses on giving someone a Lion or Lioness Painting (monthly) as a way to encourage them during difficult times – be it, battling sickness, abuse, depression, loss, life changing event…anything that trips us up.
Most of our recipients in the past have been young people who have battled cancer, depression and being bullied. However, this is open to all ages. We all need to be encouraged from time to time and remember that life can be tough, but there is purpose in not giving up hope.